Syp of BioBreak posted the following question on his blog:
Which of these describes Star Trek Online’s Experience So Far?
- Massive amounts of server downtime
- Gobstoppingly huge queues
- Amazon UK canceling preorders
- Some preorder items not available or missing entirely
- Smooth gameplay once you’re in
- All of the above
1) Yes. In fact, I’ve begun to believe that I am actually the cause of the server crashes – they seem to go down just as I log in.
2) When the servers aren’t going down, I play at random times in the evening. I’ve not had any problems with queues.
3) US Amazon actually informed me that they’re doing “release-date delivery.” I should have my Borg Bridge officer tomorrow! So, I’m feeling pretty good about this!
4) I’ve always known that most of the pre-order goodies weren’t suppose to open up till the 2nd. However, I’m growing increasingly suspicious that my Liberated Borg’s Nanites don’t work…
5) Absolutely. Once I’m in the game, its a blast. Ground combat started a little laggy, but I’ve found shutting off dynamic lighting really helps. HOWEVER, MMOGamerchick’s most excellent screen capture seems to sum up alot of people’s opinions – if you are to believe the STO official forums.